Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh by Bus, Flight, Boat?
From Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh you can travel by bus, van or plane.
- If you travel from Ho Chi Minh City, this place will be probably your first big stop in Cambodia. Travel distance from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh is about 250 km by bus. The fastest way how to get there is to use a direct flight (about 1 hour), but these flights can be too expensive. Direct flights to Phnom Penh International Airport from Tan Son Nhat Airport start at $70/pp. Another popular way is to travel by tourist bus or private minivan/car (about 6-7 hours) from Ho Chi Minh City. Bus ticket from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh costs about $40-47/pp. There is also a possibility to travel by boat to Phnom Penh from Saigon via Chau Doc. From Saigon to Chau Doc you can travel by bus and from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh by boat. There is no train connection from Saigon to Phnom Penh. From Phnom Penh you can travel by bus, train or plane to Sihanoukville and from Sihanoukville you can also take a ferry to Koh Rong. Recommended – book and buy your bus tickets or direct flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh online.
- Book your bus tickets+flights from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh online
BOOK TICKETS with Camboticket.com
- Phnom Penh is the capital and the largest city of Cambodia, about 1000 000 inhabitants. Lots of travelers in Southeast Asia traveling also from Vietnam to Cambodia. Cambodia is an attractive tourist spot and somewhere also very overcrowded by tourists, eg. in Angkor Wat – world famous hinduist and then buddhist temple. It is a political, cultural and economic center of Cambodia and it is located at the confluence of the Mekong and Tonle Sap river. Phnom Penh is very important transport hub of Cambodia and from Phnom Penh you can easily travel by bus or plane to Siem Reap or you can travel to the east of Cambodia – to Mondulkiri by bus or private car. There are 2 most popular ways of transport to Phnom Penh from Saigon – by tourist bus or direct flight. Direct flight to Phnom Penh International Airport is the most fastest and comfortable option of transfer. Read the instructions how you can reach Phnom Penh in Cambodia below in this article and book your tickets easily online.
BOOK TICKETS with Bookmebus.com
How do I get from Saigon to Phnom Penh?
1. BUS from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh
- Yes, also buses run, a cheapest way of transport between Ho Chi Minh City and Phnom Penh
- Travel by bus from Saigon to Phnom Penh takes about 5.5-7 hours
- Bus ticket from Saigon to Phnom Penh costs about $40-48/pp
- Bus companies from Saigon to Phnom Penh: Mekong Express, Giant Ibis, The Sinh Tourist, Kumho Samco, Virak Buntham, Thaiduong Express Limousine (air-conditioned buses)
- Bus of TheSinh Tourist, Giant Ibis, Kumho Samco – Thái Dương Limousine – come to the bus at least 30 minutes before departure (print your e-ticket)
- Bus of Mekong Express – come to the bus at least 60 minutes before departure (print your e-ticket)
- Bus of Thero Express – bring your voucher to the office address stated 30 minutes before departure time to exchange for ticket and board bus. You may either print or show the voucher on your smartphone/tablet.
- Read the all information before you book bus tickets online
- Book and buy bus e-tickets from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh on 12go.asia or Baolau
- You will receive your e-ticket to Phnom Penh by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter of the station before boarding the bus in Saigon
Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh by Bus, Flight, Boat?
- From Saigon to Phnom Penh you can also travel by comfortable luxury limousine/van
- The most comfortable way of transport from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh
- Travel by limousine/van from Saigon to Phnom Penh takes about 6 hours
- Ticket for limousine/minivan costs only about $30-45/pp
- Company – Thai Duong Limousine Bus (9-seats luxury limousine)
- If you do not find your tickets, try to change your date of departure
- Book tickets for limousine/van from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh on Baolau
3. Flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh
- There are also direct flights between Ho Chi Minh City and Phnom Penh
- Airlines: VietJet Air, Vietnam Airlines, Cambodia Angkor Air, Qatar Airways
- Price of the one-way low-cost flight is about 1 500 000 – 4 000 000 viet.dongs ($70-170)
- VietJet Air – the most cheapest flights to Phnom Penh (flight start already at $40 – one-way)
- Flight time from Saigon to Phnom Penh is about 1 hour
- Airport in Ho Chi Minh City – Tan Son Nhat Airport, airport in Phnom Penh – Phnom Penh International Airport
- The plane is the fastest but the most expensive way of the transfer between Ho Chi Minh and Phnom Penh
- Come to airport 3 hours before international flights to complete checking procedures
- There is a train, bus, taxi or tuk tuk from Phnom Penh Airport to Phnom Penh City
- Book and buy your flight from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh on Baolau or 12go.asia
4. Bus & Boat from Saigon to Phnom Penh (via Chau Doc)
A) Bus from Saigon to Chau Doc
- It is about 210 km by road from Ho Chi Minh City to Chau Doc
- Travel by tourist bus from Saigon to Chau Doc takes about 6.5 hours
- Travel by bus from Saigon to Chau Doc costs about $6.70-8/pp
- Bus company to Chau Doc: Futabus (Phuong Trang)
B) Boat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh
- From Chau Doc to Phnom Penh you can travel by boat via Mekong river
- Travel by boat to Phnom Penh from Chau Doc takes about 5 hours
- Boat tickets to Phnom Penh cost about $25-65/pp
- Boats to Phnom Penh from Chau Doc: Mandarin Cruises, Hang Chau Tourist
- Read this article: How to get to Phnom Penh from Chau Doc?
5. Train from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh?
- No, there is not a train connection from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh. There are some plans to build a new railway to Phnom Penh in the future. There is railway in Cambodia, you can travel by train from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville, Kampot, Kep or Battambang + Poipet.
6. Book a tour + activity / tickets in Phnom Penh
- You can also search and book a tour or tickets for tourist attractions in Phnom Penh
- It is possible to book various types of exploring tours (city tour, food tour, bicycle tour…)
- These private exploring tours in Phnom Penh by local tour guides from Cambodia
- You can also book private airports transfer from Phnom Penh Airport
BOOK a PRIVATE TOUR in Phnom Penh
Baolau – Search, book and buy tickets or flights online
– Baolau sells train, bus, ferry e-tickets and flights mainly for Vietnam (+ tickets for Cambodia and Laos)
– Company offers also a tickets larger bus companies (Mai Linh, Thai Duong limousine ,Hoang Long, Hung Thanh, InterBus Lines, EcoSapa…)
– Company offers flights of Vietnamese airlines, JetStar, VietJet Air, Air Asia as well as flights to neighbouring countries
– Ferry tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia…, eg. ferry to Cat Ba, ferry to Phu Quoc, ferry to Quan Lan…
– Tickets for Malaysia (eg. Penang to Singapore, Johor Bahru to Kota Bharu, Kuala Lumpur to Malacca…)
– The price of tickets or flights is from the official price of transport company or airlines
– You will see the final price before making the payment transaction
– You can use online train e-ticket in your mobile phone in Vietnam (I recommend to print a ticket)
– Read in the order any other information about ticket, read also frequently asked questions on Baolau
– 12go.asia sells the train, bus, ferry e-tickets and flights mainly to Thailand (also tickets for Vietnam, Laos, Malaysia, Cambodia)
– From 2018 you can book train tickets for China online (Beijing to Xian, Beijing to Shanghai, Shanghai to Hangzhou..)
– Ferry/boat tickets in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, eg. ferry to Vung Tau, Koh Rong, Koh Phangan, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Chang…
– Tickets for the main routes in Thailand, eg: Bangkok to Surat Thani, Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Bangkok to Kanchanaburi
– You can not use an online train e-ticket in Thailand, you have to print it (12go can deliver these train tickets)
– More information about train tickets and trains in Thailand
– You can use an online train ticket in Vietnam in your mobile phone (not in Thailand)
– If you order an train ticket in Baolau or 12go for tourist trains in Vietnam to Sapa (Orient Express, Sapaly…), you must pick it up at the station
– Information about 12go.asia read in article about transportation in Vietnam
Travel route from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh:
How long does it take to get from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh?
- Travel by bus/minivan from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh takes about 5-7 hours.
- Travel by plane from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh takes about 1 hour (direct flight).
- Travel by bus+boat from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh (via Chau Doc) takes about 13 hours.
How much does it cost to travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh?
- Travel by bus/minivan from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh costs about $40-48/pp.
- Travel by plane from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh costs about $70-170/pp (direct flight).
- Travel by bus + boat from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh (via Chau Doc) costs about $32-75/pp.
How to book bus tickets + flights from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh?
- You can book tickets from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh on 12go.asia or Baolau.
- You can book also another travel route, e.g. Ho Chi Minh to Siem Reap, Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville…
What is the travel distance from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh?
- Travel distance from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh is about 230 km by bus/minivan and about 200 km by plane.
What is the best way of transport from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh?
- The best and fastest way how to get from Saigon to Phnom Penh is to travel by plane (direct flights), but it is not so cheap, but also some minivans are not bad, they are cheap, comfortable and fast.
How to get from Phnom Penh Airport to Phnom Penh City?
- From Phnom Penh Airport to Phnom Penh City you can travel by city bus, airport express bus (KK Star), shuttle train or tuk tuk. The most cheapest way is to travel by city bus (about 0.50 USD). Phnom Penh City center is about 10 km from the airport. More information you can check on the offical website of Phnom Penh Airport.
Is it possible to travel by train from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh?
- No, it is not possible to travel by train from Saigon to Phnom Penh, there is no railway between these cities.
Where do I get E-visa to Cambodia?
- You can get your E-visa to Cambodia easily online at the official goverment website: www.evisa.gov.kh.
Where to go and travel from Phnom Penh?
- You can travel to Siem Reap (Angkor Wat Temple Complex) – Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh by Busthere are various tourist buses and vans or direct flights, or you can visit some beaches in Sihanoukville (+Koh Rong), there are buses/vans and flights to Sihanoukville and ferries/boats from Sihanoukville to Koh Rong.